Friends of the IHP (FIHP) looks forward to an exciting school year ahead for your children and their dedicated teachers. We have an ambitious 2012-2013 fundraising goal of $50,000 to help close the gap between LAUSD state funding and the supplemental expenses that so enrich our children's academic experience in the IHP program. By donating to FIHP, you will contribute directly to your child's classroom needs. Some of the items that we have budgeted from donated funds for the 2012-2013 school year include:
- Over $6,000 for supplemental vocabulary, grammar, and literature books
- $2,500 in Staples teacher supply cards for essential classroom supplies
- Over $10,000 to support extracurricular Math programs including Robotics, AMC Math competition, and Math Counts
- $5,500 in classroom technology expenses and teacher training
- $6,000 for school field trips
- $4,000 for financial assistance to help qualifying IHP students to attend field trips
- $6,000 towards retaining the services of a school Tech Assistant - a necessary service cut from our LAUSD budget this year
We are also budgeting $12,000 annually towards the next update of future technology needed in the IHP classrooms. With last years funds we purchased an I-Pad cart and I-Pads for the IHP students at a cost of $28,000.
There is no gift too large or too small. Our goal is to average $600 per IHP student, and more importantly, 100% participation.
FIHP is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Tax I.D. #95-4390665. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Please consider making your donation today. Ask your HR department if your company matches donations!
Send a check to:
FRIENDS OF THE IHP
P.O. Box 1380
Studio City, CA 91614-1380
Or make a secure donation to Friends of the IHP by clicking on the PayPal link to the left.